Saturday, December 9, 2006

A Day in my Life.....

Now at 12:04 AM I decided to recap my day's events.... Hmmm... Pulled myself grudingly out of bed at 9:20 that is after waking at around 6ish and hitting the snooze a million times... Went to meet a friend at IHOP for breakfast.. That coffee and diet coke was just what I needed and the Harvest Nut and Grain Pancakes too!! Then drove up Northern Blvd. and stopped at Lesters.. otherwise known as Designer and All that is Fab clothing and stuff for Midgets.. Oh I meant kids... When I say stuff I mean accessories.. From pillows made to resemble candy bars.. to lots of chachkas... and oodles and oodles of little girl jewelry... A must shop and "stop" for the fashion conscious toddler :-) Then I realized I was driving on fumes so I decided to stop for some gas... Self serve gas in 20 degrees is NOT fun!! Hmmm then onto to CVS... Then pickup "kids" at school... Go Home... Stay home for 5 minutes and then head to NYC for an orthodontist appt... Well after about 10 minutes at the orthodontist we leave with Teal and Metallic green braces.. At each visit you can choose a new color... Boy... when I wore braces we had no colors.. no choices.. just lots of wax... Then we go to mid town and visit our friend Joan... queen of the most fabulous jewelry shops in Westhampton Beach and Aspen. We schmooze... then its off to the "Underground Apple" store on Fifth Avenue... As we make our descent in the cylindrical elevator I can't help but notice the crowds below.. Every IPOD and Computer station is taken.. People are swarming around like flies.. Buying everything in sight.. Then off to Barneys... I am still in love with Target but Barneys was calling me... I mean it was just around the corner.. How could we just pass by... Dylan found a few of his favorite Trunk Ltd. tee shirts. www.trunkltd.com Hmmm time for a late late lunch at the Viand Coffee Shop on Madison Avenue. There is nothing better than a greasy grilled cheese and fries and of course a diet coke in what has to be the smallest coffee shop I have ever been in. You and your dining companions are up close and very personal!!! How could we leave the city without some "sweets"... So around the corner to Teuscher chocolates went... Teuscher is hands down the best chocolate... Decadent...delicious and discustingly expensive.... But worth it!!! Well maybe not?? But it is so good :-) Back to car... Back home... Hang out at home and then drive 65 miles to spend weekend in the Hamptons... Eat dinner at local restaurant 10PM... Time to sleep.... I hope I have cured your insomnia after reading this...

Have fun!!! I always do!

RISA

No comments: