Thursday, December 7, 2006

DIscussing Weight

I have never understood why women find it so interesting to discuss weight and diets. I can't tell you over the years the number of friends, acquaintances and strangers who routinely get around to the subject of weight. Is it really that interesting? Especially when you are eating a meal.. at a party... having cocktails?? I cannot think of anything less interesting than talking about weight or dieting. Over the years I have run into people and the second sentence out of their mouths after saying hello was "Wow you lost weight" or "Gee how much weight did you lose" or "Wow you are losing weight". Most of the time quite honestly I haven't lost a pound. I have been within 5 or 10 pounds of the same weight for the last 10 years. I know most people have the best intentions and genuinely think they are giving you a well deserved compliment... Yes would I like to lose some weight?? Sure.. But really gals lets find something new to talk about!!

Have fun! I always do!

RISA

No comments: