Monday, December 11, 2006

EBAY

I have been buying "stuff" on EBAY since 1997. I can't believe it has been that long. EBAY is truly extraordinary!! From fabulous designer finds to $1.00 Yu-Gi-Oh cards that my kids have found to complete sets they needed. EBAY has something for everyone. For the collector it is your entree into the world of people buying and selling from all over the globe. In over 300 purchases in the last 10 years I have only had 1 ill experience that was quickly remedied by the seller. The key to using EBAY effectively is to read the feedback profile of the person you are buying from or selling to. My favorite purchases from EBAY over the years are Beautiful Antique Quilts, Vintage GUCCI Handbag.. (never used from the 70's) .. PULVER Chewing Gum Machines from the early 1920's... and anything that is hard to find in local retailers and hot in demand. I was able to score a Nintendo WII for my kids for the holidays.. OK I did a pay more but I GOT ONE!!!! Isn't it all about Supply and Demand??? I can pretty much guarantee you can find almost anything you are looking for on EBAY. From the tough to find.. to the bizarre.. even Hermes Birkin bags :-) Cars.. Jewels.. Watches... I did an experiment several years to prove that you could pretty much sell anything on EBAY.. Jeff was horrified when I told him I listed and sold a 1/2 empty bottle of CREED Spring Flowers Perfume. I said it was to prove a point and some nice lady in Tennessee paid $35.00 for it.

Have fun! I always do!

No comments: