Thursday, December 21, 2006

Not Sleeping at 35,000 Feet

I have never been able to sleep on an airplane. I have tried and admire all the people who can. Right now most people sitting around me including my husband and kids are sleeping as it is 2:20 AM. I even had a cocktail!! YIPPEE!! No help in the sleep dept. So while everyone around me is sleeping I am surfing.. That is the "net". Caught up on email. Read a few magazines. Passed on the dinner that was served at 1:30 AM... The corned beef wrapped around prunes appetizer sounded pretty bad and I didn't think eating prunes on an airplane at 1:30 AM was a very wise choice :-) !! Its also a little hot on board!! So those of you who know me well know I love air conditioning. The colder the better!!! Doesn't everyone sleep with the air conditioner on in December?? Well when it is 60 out it is a must for me!! What would I have done in the times before AC?? I can't even imagine. My father (he should rest in peace) would tell me of those days before AC. It didn't sound too pretty!! I had company over on Sunday night and had the AC on. I got a few complaints to turn the heat up and then a chuckle when I said I had the AC on. Needless to say some thought I was nuts!! Going to try and join the sleep club although I am not holding out much hope I will be successful!!

Have fun! I always do!

RISA

No comments: