Monday, January 8, 2007

I Thought I said PLAIN!!!

I am not the type who redoes the menu when I dine out.(Daily LOL!!) My biggest requests are dressing on the side or lemon with my diet coke. My children are another story.. Although they have matured greatly in their dining tastes and will try new things every now and then when they say "plain" they mean PLAIN!!! You would think when you say plain just plain with nothing on it.. the kitchen would understand?? But is it the kitchen?? If the waiter didn't explicitly convey your request to them whose fault is it? I will say that at least 75% of the time the order doesn't come as requested. I can't even tell you the countless times we have seen "green stuff" on pizza and pasta... wasabi on sushi.. lettuce and tomato(my son will just puke).. sauces on top instead of on the side... oyyyy... This is just a parent's worst nightmare!!! Especially those with young kids.. How many times have we all picked the "green stuff" off the food!! Tonight while eating at a local restaurant in town.. The boys both ordered Shwarma and we told the waiter plain with nothing on it at least 3 times!! Of course when it came one had salad on it. Major no no!! I stared at my sister and said I know I told the waiter plain and she said yes you did.. He got all flustered and had the nerve to go back to the kitchen and tell them that I was wrong.. I think he said something like that blah blah lady... Unbelievable! Is there any hope for change???

Have fun! I always do!

RISA

No comments: