Sunday, January 7, 2007

Service as a Regular

This morning we went to our favorite local coffee shop (diner) in Center Moriches. The "UnHamptons"... Lucy one of the owners greets us immediately with a Kiss and a Happy New Year. The place is bustling with locals. We've barely sat down and a hot delicious cup of coffee is placed in front of me with a bowl of half and half's... I see our waiter grab a large glass and go for the ice and bowl of pre sliced lemon. I know he is getting me a diet coke before I have even asked for it. What service!!! Then he comes to the table to take our order.. always the same.. He even says two hot chocolates.. one with whipped cream and one without.. The boys say no two with whipped cream. I am amazed as they have changed their standard order. The waiter is shocked.. Then as Lucy brings over the hot chocolates she says.. WOW you both want whipped cream?? She said I had already made one with and one without so its overflowing a bit after I put the whipped cream on top. WOW that is personal service!!! And always with a smile no matter how busy the place is. Wouldn't it be nice to always be treated like a regular everywhere?

Have fun! I always do!

RISA

No comments: