Sunday, January 14, 2007

Thank you in Action.....

When I receive a gift it is immediately acknowledged with a thank you note. I have been doing this since I was a child and because of this I have acquired a taste for beautiful stationery. I have tried to instill this in my children albeit it is tough but hopefully as they get older it won't be. Acknowledging and then showing your appreciation for a gift by writing the "gift giver" a personal note is a "must"!!! We all lead busy lives but can't use that as an excuse for not having having good manners. It is shocking to me how many people do not follow this... I would think it would be natural. As natural as bringing a gift to someone when they invite you to their home?? Don't we all do this?? Well since I mentioned stationery I will tell you some of my favorites.. For sure Mrs. John L. Strong which can be found at Barney, NY and then Cranes, Smythson, fabulous papers and choices at Kate's Paperie www.katespaperie.com ... Great choices online at www.finestationery.com and www.chelseapaper.com

BTW My special thanks to y'all for reading my blog!!!!

Have fun! I always do!

RISA

1 comment:

peacewoman said...

BTW--
Thanks again for the Godiva! I really made it last as long as I could -- but I wish I had one right now!!!
toda raba!
michelle
PS-- enjoying your blog!