Saturday, February 10, 2007

Breast Feeding in Public

While eating lunch today at Baby Moon Restaurant in Westhampton Beach I noticed at a table right across from us a woman breast feeding her baby. I thought she was just holding the baby until I noticed the entire side of her shirt pulled up. I felt this was extremely inappropriate to be doing in the middle of a restaurant without covering herself. Maybe I am old fashioned in this sense but I feel there is a time and place for everything.. OK maybe not a time when you have a hungry baby but that is your problem.. the entire restaurant doesn't have to be part of it. I guess if she covered herself with a blanket it wouldn't have bothered me as much.. Maybe?? Then she even talked on the cell phone and drank a cappuccino at the same time. I guess this would be an example of multitasking at its best... Feeding your baby... while feeding your self while talking on the phone... Needless to say I think people need to be more aware of the shared space we all inhabit!

Have fun! I always do!

RISA

1 comment:

norma said...

Here is another way of looking at it.
While you were all in a restaurant, you were eating, that mother was eating and her baby was eating.