Thursday, November 29, 2007

Little Kids Make Me Laugh!!!

I was talking to my friend Liz last night... We go way back to my first job after college at Allied Stores Corp. Liz is like a sister and so in that her two gorgeous delightful kids are my niece and nephew. Kids never cease to amaze me in how they think and the words that come out of their mouths. Their thought processes even at the youngest ages are sometimes unbelievable..... So here's the story.... Liz told her six year old son that she didn't want him to watch Sponge Bob Square Pants during the week after school anymore. He could watch it on the weekend only. Shortly after telling him this Liz noticed her TV had the DVR (like TIVO) on and it was recording something. She asked her husband if he was recording a show and he said no. She goes to the DVR guide and sees the shows being recorded are Sponge bob Square Pants for the entire week at both the 2:30 and 7:00. Liz is shocked.... Then she approaches her "little guy" and asks him if he was recording Sponge Bob Square pants. He says yes and says Mom you told me I could watch it only on the weekend so I was planning to watch all the shows on the weekend. When Liz told me the story I cracked up. First I thought wow how slick. Then I saw his point and laughed even more when I knew this came from a 6 year old. He was just acting like anyone else who would record there favorite shows and watch them when they were able. In his case over the weekend. Then to make matters even funnier he remembered that he heard his dad say the weekend starts on Friday afternoon. He then asked his aunt who agreed. So he decided he could start watching his show on Friday after school. His mom, my friend Liz decided he shouldn't be watching it all so she told him she needed to think about it and for now he wouldn't be able to watch the show at all. He was a real trooper and is watching patiently for her to give him an answer. She suggested buying some Sponge Bob books and games. When they went to book store to buy the books he looked through them and said Mommy the words in the book are worse than the show so can I watch the show??? Of course she was speechless and is still debating...

Have fun! I always do!

RISA

No comments: